Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.

Before your departure

Preparations for Lund University students nominated for exchange
There is a lot to think about before you go on a student exchange. You will need to find out most things on your own. Make sure that you are well-informed about insurance, visa, vaccinations, student finance and accommodation!

Things to read up on before departure

Transfer your credits

Follow the instructions from your faculty to ensure that the credits from your exchange studies will be transferred and registered within your degree programme in Ladok.?The person you have been in contact with concerning your study plan may have to approve any changes of courses.

Bring the following important documents

  1. Admission decision from the host university
  2. Current Ladok transcript (stamped and signed by someone at Lund University)
  3. Certificate with regard to funding (certificate from your bank, student finance or scholarship organisation)
  4. Certificate of insurance (European Health Insurance Card from F?rs?kringskassan, or a certificate/insurance card from Kammarkollegiet)
  5. Passport (valid throughout the duration of your stay abroad)
  6. Visa(s)
  7. Medicine and prescriptions. If you are on regular medication, it is important that you consult with your doctor and bring your prescription. If you are bringing medicine with you, do not forget to check that they are allowed in the country to which you are travelling!

Find out what the insurance covers

All students travelling as part of an exchange are insured through Kammarkollegiet’s collective insurance for exchange students called Student UT.

The insurance is valid starting two weeks prior and ending two weeks after the study period (including orientation and exams), only in the country in which you study. Make sure that you get additional insurance to cover trips outside the country of study.

Read the terms and conditions of the Student UT insurance on the Kammarkollegiet?website

Exchange within Europe

If you are going on an exchange to an EU country, or to any of the convention countries with which Sweden has an agreement on health care benefits, you should obtain the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) via F?rs?kringskassan (The Swedish Social Insurance Agency), in addition to your Student OUT insurance.

Read more about the EHIC on the F?rs?kringskassan website

Exchange outside Europe

If you are going on an exchange to a non-EU country, you will receive an insurance document (card or certificate) from your coordinator/faculty at Lund University. Please note that some countries/universities (for example in North America) require that you acquire insurance from the host university. Your coordinator will have more information on this if this applies.

Apply for scholarships

If you have been admitted to exchange studies in a Nordic or European country, you can apply for a Nordplus or an Erasmus scholarship.?There are also several other scholarships for students at Lund University.

Apply for a visa

You are responsible for you own visa application. Apply for a visa only after you have received your admission decision from the host university. However, you can begin to prepare your visa application in advance by gathering?the requested documents. In some cases, you may need to obtain a medical certificate. Make sure your passport is valid throughout the entire exchange period, and sometimes even several months after. You can find contact information for embassies and consulates abroad using the link below.

Find out about vaccination recommendations

On the World Health Organisation website?you can find recommendations for vaccinations in the country in which you will be studying and other countries you plan to visit. The Swedish medical advice hotline 1177 can also give advice on travel and vaccinations.

Check whether you can keep your current scholarship/student finance

If you are currently on a scholarship (from Lund University or another scholarship organisation), or if you are currently receiving student finance (student aid or a student loan) from an organisation in your home country, please check with your financial administrator at the relevant organisation whether you will be able to keep your scholarship while studying abroad.?

Swedish cititizen with student aid from CSN?

If you are a Swedish cititizen with student aid from CSN (the Swedish National Board of Student Aid), we recommend that you apply for student finance both for your semester abroad and for the following semester at home, to avoid late payments during the following semester. It often takes a while before your transcript arrives and it takes time to have your credits transferred and registered in Ladok.

You will not need a certificate from your coordinator at Lund University in order to apply for student finance since CSN can access Ladok to ensure that you are registered for exchange studies.

Read more on the CSN website

Other preparations

Rent out your home/room

The exchange agreements of Lund University are reciprocal. This means that we are committed to receive as many incoming exchange students as we send out. As the housing situation is always a challenge for incoming students, we would appreciate your help. If you are interested in subletting, please contact your landlord and BoPoolen at?

Take a language course

If you want to learn the country’s language, you can attend a language course at the host university or another language school.?Some universities offer students an introductory language course before/when the term starts (sometimes free of charge). It is not likely that you will be able to transfer the credits for such courses, however.

Plan your trips

The admission and visa processes can take a long time. Your coordinator at Lund University cannot accelerate it in any way. We therefore recommend you schedule all your trips?for when have completed your studies.

Look into possible driver’s licence restrictions

If you are planning to drive during your time abroad, you need to look into possible driver’s licence restrictions.?If you have a Swedish driver's licence, you can check the?Motorm?nnen website.?If you have a licence from a country other than Sweden, please check with the local authorities or institution responsible for issuing international driver’s licences in the country of issuance.?

Visit the Motorm?nnen website (in Swedish)

Give power of attorney

Give power of attorney to someone you trust at home so that, if needed, they can help you with issues regarding banking, mail, CSN, etc.

Let the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs (UD) know where you are

The Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs?has an app, Resklar, that you should download to access up-to-date information and advice from the embassy in the host country. Make sure to allow push notifications.

Find the Resklar app on Google Play (Android)
Find the Resklar app in the App Store (iOS)

You should also fill in your contact information and add yourself to?Sweden Abroad's list of Swedes abroad ('Svensklistan').?This can and should be done even if you are not a Swedish citizen.?

Add yourself to the list of Swedes abroad at (in Swedish)

Page Manager:
dota2比赛竞猜app <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <蜘蛛词>| <文本链> <文本链> <文本链> <文本链> <文本链> <文本链>