Applying for an Erasmus traineeship grant
Finding a traineeship
Large companies and organisations often advertise 'Internships', 'Traineeships', or 'Student Placements' on their websites.?You can also search for internships and thesis projects at Lund University’s job?portal,?www.mycareer.lu.se?as well as on webpages such as:
The traineeship should be equivalent to full-time work for a continuous period of 2 entire months up to 12 months. If you have previously been on an Erasmus mobility (internship/exchange or similarly), the total mobility period may not exceed 12 month per academic level (e.g. Bachelor's level, Master's level or PhD level).?The internship shall take place at the same enterprise during the entire period.?Do not forget to get your traineeship approved by your coordinator/the person in charge at your department.
When to apply for a traineeship grant
You can apply for the traineeship grant between the following dates:
- 10 January–3 June
- 10 August–15 November
We only accept applications during the application periods. Make sure to submit your application no later than 1 month before the start of your internship. It is not possible to apply for the grant retroactively.
How to apply for a traineeship grant
To apply for a traineeship grant, please:
- Fill in the Learning Agreement form (external webpage)
- Print the Learning Agreement, to be signed by all three parties (you can email the document to speed up the signing process).
- Submit the Learning Agreement and the supporting documents to?the Lund University Erasmus grant administrator
Make sure you include all the required documents below in your application – incomplete applications will not be considered:
- Learning Agreement
- Letter of motivation: Motivate why you want to apply for the grant, explain the connection between your education and the traineeship, and the experiences and skills you expect to develop during the internship. The letter should be around?one page and written in either?English or Swedish.?
- CV:?This shall include your contact details and information about education, work experience and language skills.
- Certificate of registration from Ladok (can be accessed through the Student Portal)
Please email the required documents above as?one?PDF-attachment to the email address?erasmuspraktik [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se.?Name the subject line of the email "Erasmus Traineeship Grant Application".
Already approved for a traineeship grant?
Erasmus+ grant administrator
Janni Lundqvist Vedam
erasmuspraktik [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 (0)46 222 0136
Erasmus+ Grant Office
221 00 Lund